View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
The hammer and dolly planish is the ticket. it flattened it out well enough for me being a non expert. some further heat and quench after planish may have been beneficial but that would really take experience seems to me. to leery to go there. even the hammer and dolly is a skill. I got ever so slightly off a few times and was awarded a small dent. liked learning it though. pic with scale shows pass side warps, same area drivers zero. need more patience!

huge tip to learners.....don't get excited and think you can beat the process going to quick. pass side I struggled only due to the fun of it and goin to quick. forced patience on the drivers side and it actually is very nice and didn't hardly need a thing. also carefull grinding of the welds and re-welding spots and grinding very carefully leads to not needing much filler. go slow enough and u probably won't even need much planishing.

very pleased with the results and I very much appreciated the replies. every time I perform a first time process and learn I think...….Dang, next time I can
ace this!
Nice job!