View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you all for the nice compliments! makes me feel good about how I'm doing.

here's a couple fun pics I just came back across. 10 yrs ago my 69 judge clone project. man this car turned out to have a ton of filler on it. wonder I got it to come out as good as it did. so I just got my mig welder, came across these pull holes from the old school way they did it back then. I thought...…"hey i'll weld those closed" and felt like a hero doing it ha. not knowing I was warping the heck out of it and creating more issues. also caught the undercoating on the inside of the door on fire. learned a lot lol.

did it all myself, painted it in my attached garage, got a tiny spider in the paint on the drivers fender. when u looked close u could see the legs all spread flat lol, couldn't get it out was to late and I left it. raced it and had a blast.

I should have re-skinned the door! I know now re-skinning is an easy do yourself thing but then it wasn't even in my thoughts to take that on. man, always made the mistake of thinking it was beyond my skill learning abilities.

young guys learning...…..do it yourself! learn it, its not that hard. go through the first time and make the mistakes you'll be glad you did and you'll be able to afford the hobby to boot. shops get silly money in my view. and the satisfaction of diy is terrific. (your buddies will be knocking at your door!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_oxnAZaoE

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:59 AM.