View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Default Disc brake conversion new brake lines

I've searched all over the internet and can't find the answer to this question. I have changed my front manual drum brakes to the scarebird conversion and I need to know what brake line kit to buy. I'm currently in the reassembly portion of my project and I don't have any brake lines. My confusion comes in with the front hard lines, the master cylinder and prop valve. It would seem to me that If I had a running car and only updated the disc brakes I wouldn't have had to change the lines. Therefore can I just order the stock replacements from ames and add the new master cylinder for disc/drum and prop valve? I've seen disc/drum prop valves online, and they seem to mount at the master cylinder, which tells me the routing of the lines would need to be different than it was. If anyone has run into this situation, what kit did you order/ what changes to the lines need to be made? I'm really having trouble with this visually cause I have nothing to go by. (Also lost all the pictures I took of these lines when I was disassembling!) I would like to get these installed, at least the line that goes across the crossmember from drivers side to passenger side, before I put the engine on the frame. Thanks.