View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneville Joe View Post
What's it doing?
The wife and I were down south over the holiday weekend.... It started slipping and acted like the torque convertor was locking in and out.... It seemed better if I was real easy on the gas and manually shifted it at 3,000-3,500 RPM... and didn't let the RPM's drop below 2k.... My guess is the trans got overheated somehow??? We stayed the night in Bakersfield and on the way home the next day it seemed fine.... although I was easy on it. I took it to a trans shop that I use on a regular basis and trust.... He said its an electronic issue.... which has yet to be diagnosed...

Sirrotica - The majority of the wear is negative camber. When I had it aligned I told the guys at the alignment shop to take as much camber out of it as they could..... Needless to say when I picked up the car I looked at the printout.... and the R/R was sitting at -1.5.... The idiot at the shop said it was in spec ... so they left it alone... I was going to have them redo it but I didn't have the time.. .... Driving like an idiot probably has something to do with the premature wear too...

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles