View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
600 hp can easily be had with fully ported D ports and that would save you atleast 600 bucks or more on swapping over to Round port headers, and those funds could then be put into the porting work on the D port heads!
So far I've had 3 shops, all highly regarded in the Pontiac world say that 600 hp using D ports, even heavily ported would not be attainable with the dual plane.
All three quoted major port work but all came in with about a 560ish albeit conservative max estimate, minus about 10-15 for the dual plane for a consensus of around 550 max.
Would 50 hp make that much difference? I have no idea. It's the 7000 top end I need most down the long straightaways.
One thing I've noticed is I have so much Tq already I can out pull about anyone off a corner, it's the top end where I get overtaken again.

As an option I am looing at D ports, I have two 433's, I can run the Aluminum head single plane engine with one sanction, Iron with the other. Just have to swap engines and be underpowered with D port Iron.
Getting a solid 600 and 7000 means I wouldn't have to swap.