View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 01:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 65-66-67 verts posted by misterp

While the first two are poorly represented by lacking photography skills, they seem to be in excellent condition. Especially the '66. That one looks super fine. No front or rear shots, but if I were in the market for one, that wouldn't stop me from making further inquiry. One thing I did notice was the rear bumper looks like it might be tweaked away from the RR quarter on that side.

The '65 could be a very nice car but the photographer just had his head up his rear with all the shadows.

The '67 has slightly better photos. I have the advantage of knowing who the owner is. I've seen the car in person several times but I've never gone over it with a fine tooth comb. He's been (passively) trying to sell for at least four years but he's got plenty of storage space so that's probably keeping his price pretty firm. That's just my speculation though.
Between his '67 and the similarly priced '66, I'd say the latter offers more quality for the dollar. For starters, it has 25,000 fewer miles on the chassis.
And I've known Clem to have quirky tastes in 'dress-up' ideas for his cars; ie. the Chevy air cleaner decal, and mopar style exhaust exit... that aren't going to appeal to a Pontiac purest.