View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
Most of the troops rotating in and out of the country flew on chartered flights out of the West Coast. With a refueling stop, then on to Vietnam. On occasions some were loaded on air force cargo planes for the trip. On a rare occasion one of these Air Force planes would stop at our base in Taiwan in route to and from Vietnam. A few times I saw troops eating at our chow hall during a stopover, always in a group by themselves. To this day I still remember these rotating troops and the striking difference in physical appearance and the quiet, somber demeanor of those returning back to the world..
Thanks for the memory recall! I was on a flight from Travis (CA) to Hickham (HI) to Guam to Okinawa to Taiwan to Clark in the Philippines. All on Air Force cargo planes. Bus from Clark to Subic Bay. Boarded a ship to Vietnam and then transferred by helicopter to my carrier. Almost three weeks in all. Had to wear my dress whites while traveling until I got aboard the first ship. I quickly settled in as you can see from the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1007.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	535952  

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express