Thread: Turbo Converter
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I have a Transmission Specialties Convertor...........its a Bad A$$, their customer service is outstanding BUT since you have a street car with turbos just go with a Vega convertor.......LOL!

GTO George
So an ADD on to my above post..........The reason I choose Transmission Specialties was they were one of the only companys that would redo my B & M convertor when it started to slip "top end" too much (15%+). Bought my B & M convertor a very long time ago it was one of the BEST converters at the time...paid over $1,000 for it (Mech. Diode, Steel Stator, ETC.), anyways after a while it started to slip ALOT! So I called a bunch of Converter companies (Neal Chance, PTC, ETC.) AND THEY WOULDNT TOUCH IT.........they all wanted to SELL me a NEW one (Gotta make MONEY), so I called Transmission Speaciliaties they said send it to them! They called me a short while later and said they'll tighten it up but wasn't sure how much, they also wanted to replace my anti-balloning plate (or something like that). I said just tighten it up (I thought it would hold). Well after installing it my slippage went down to single (6% maybe less) digits but I ballooned it after a while (me BAD). I shipped it back to them and they Fixed it for FREE! No I told you so's.... they just fixed it!! Got it back VERY QUICKLY and its been ROCK solid ever since! Over 1,100 foot lbs of torque at over 3,200lbs hammering it every pass!! This isn't an i know some one thing....this it real Racer to Racer thing!

GTO George