View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, we are dealing with that now. I think it varies by state in the US as to a doctors responsibility to file a report with the DMV. Father in law is 90, but hasn't had an accident, doctor isn't reporting anything requiring him to stop ... but he IS going to have an accident, just a matter of time (not long).

But ... any family member that gets involved is going to be disowned .. this guy was head of a big company, used to being in charge of everything. Drives big fancy cars, always been one of his things, any child that takes that away from him will be persona-non-grata.

I advised my wife (his daughter) not to get involved. The kids have no legal basis to stop him from driving and so he will keep driving, except he will keep driving and also feel his children have betrayed him.

He lives in a very nice community in Naples FL. He could very easily have a limo service take him everywhere he wants or needs to go, but he won't do it. If it was me ... jeez, I'd be getting rides everywhere and enjoying the heck out of my last few years. And by enjoying I mean going to dinner and getting hammered