View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

A good friend of mine bought a 72 IH pickup 3/4 ton 2WD, circa 1980. We have been friends since 1976, was in he and his wifes weding, Feb 1978, and YES they are still married.
What was left of this beast of a pickup, was a little rough. It has the traditional 345 (2 Bbl) and the grandma 4 speed, that's all...no PS, PB, AC, and the sucky front drum brakes.

It has had a Ford 429/C6 since 1986, has had AC on and off (working on it sometimes the AC had to be disconnected.) Has a hybrid front disc brake setup (Chevrolet c20 rotors on his stock IH spindles) C-20 calipers. He also added PS, PB.

Saying all this, rust was an issue, He has made repairs, some still to make. IF, IF, they could have prevented the rust, these pickups/Scouts are very well make vehicles. The first time I shut one of the doors, I thought my ears wear deceiving me. THey sound closed to a vault closing the any car or pickup I had ever heard. It's a shame they quit making these!!!
He has a custom grill and headlights in it, with a small air dam in front. Nobody knows what it is. He gets compliments any time he drives it anywhere, thaen they ask what it is/// LOL It has a flat black paint job that is fading fast.
I can't find any pictures of it...dang

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...