Thread: Website
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 07:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a problem one time when the Ames site went down when I had a large order with a lot of items in my cart going. I contacted Ames to tell them about the outage and that I was concerned that my cart might be lost. But when the site came back up many hours later, it was still there. At that time the person did tell me a new site was in the works.

The present site is pretty dated but now that I'm used to it, it does work pretty well. The only thing I don't like is that their photos of actual parts are so small. I hope the new site will update that so that you can zoom in to really be able to see the parts well.

Anyway, I see that we haven't had an update about the status of a new site for over 5 months. It is taking a long time but I hope that means there won't be any bugs to work out when they do switch over.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO