View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, the street/strip car deal is set. So now, I need to change my search. I now need a pickup, to pull my trailer.

There are lots of 'em that will work. But, I have a few preferences. A GMC is #1 preference--No Chevy, even tho I know they are the same truck. That's just me. I don't want a truck with a bow tie on it, pullin my Pontiac around.

Prefer a 3/4 or 1 ton crew cab with an 8' box.

But, I can live with a 1/2 ton, except a single cab short box. A single cab long box will work. But, an extended cab or crew cab would be better. A few years back I had a 2500HD extended cab, with a 6.0 engine, that seemed to be just about right for what I need now. Can use for tow, hauling parts, or just short hops for whatever. Right now, I have to borrow my wife's Tacoma, just for a trip to town, 7 miles away.

Something like this is sorta what I have in mind. It's a 2001 GMC 2500HD 6.0 crew cab.

http://jackson.craigslist.org/ctd/5794388433.html

I'd even consider an older model with a carb, if it is in GOOD reliable condition. I think maybe '86 was the last year of carbs, or maybe a little later in larger trucks ?? Could even be a later model that someone has switched over to a carb.

I've pulled Pontiacs around with 1/2 tons, 3/4 tons, 1 tons, & even a 2-ton. But don't have any of those now. Hey, a country boy just needs his own truck ! In my neck of the woods, most of the guys have a truck, even the city boys. Hey, many of the truck owners don't even NEED a truck. But hey, trucks are just cool.

Here's a nice '84 dually I had back in '86-'87. Would like to have it now, in that same shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'84 GMC Dually.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	438991  

Last edited by ponyakr; 10-19-2016 at 06:26 PM.