View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I would think your Pinehurst Green is rarer than Cameo Ivory.
I would agree with that. My first and only other '64 GTO convertible was purchased in 1973 from the original owner, a dentist in Philadelphia. Unfortunately I don't know the VIN so never got PHS on it. But it was unmodified from all indications so I believe was factory built just as it appeared when I bought it.

It was Cameo Ivory with White Top but Dark Blue interior.

Base 4 bbl and base 3 spd on the floor. Safe-T-Track, undoubtedly 3.23 gears. Manual Outside Mirror, Deluxe Pushbutton AM Radio with Manual Antenna, 2 spd Wipers w/ Washers, Back-up Lights. PS, early build with the twin V-belt setup. Deluxe Wheel Covers. It had front seat belts in it when I bought it but I have no way of knowing if they were factory or aftermarket. They had metal buckles like the optional Custom Seat Belts but I'm guessing not factory. No idea if it had Red Lines or Whitewalls originally. I can't say if it had tinted windshield, all glass, or neither. Chances are it came out of Baltimore but without the VIN, I'm just guessing. If it had any other non-obvious options like HD Shocks, I would have needed to see the PHS to know. But given the relative scarcity of options, I'd guess not.

With the twin V-belts and the likelihood that it lacked factory seat belts, I believe it would have been built prior to January. Again, just guessing. But if I had access to PHS records, I bet I could find the VIN record for it. And I'm confident enough that it, too, was a 1 of 1 build so that if I found a record matching what I do remember of the build and where sold (Philly), I would be certain that the record would be of my GTO and not some other that was identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
As I posted earlier, I really don't care if my car is "1 of 1" or "1 of 1,000". It's mine and I'm glad it is...
Except that I would love to have the PHS record for my former GTO and knowing it would be identifiable because it is "1 of 1", I totally agree with you.

Truthfully, I wish everybody loved the '64 GTO as much as I do and wish everybody owned one. Sharing a passion for it with others of like mind makes it more fun for me.