View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nope. I've spoken to a few shops out here. Most are collision shops and aren't interested in anything that isn't an insurance claim.

I've spoken to a few other shops that claim to be hot rod or performance shops and they are extremely overpriced for anything that they might do. Can't even find a decent machine shop! (looking to have axle hubs turned down a few mm to clear my C5 brake rotors.)

I am still hunting around and even looked at skipping the paint and going to a wrap. The cheapest place that was recommended stated that they will be well over $2k to wrap a car.

I've also spoken to the mobile wheel and tire guy (who I do highly recommend) and asked him if he had any recommendations... His take on this area is that there is no "car culture" here. Based upon what I've seen I am inclined to believe it. When I was in SoCal, there was always something going on, tons of shops for anything you wanted or needed to do at all price points. Over here, you're lucky if you can find a shop to answer the phone!

Last car show I went to had a few classics/muscle cars- nearly all of it was new Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs--- In my opinion, that's not the kind of car I want to go to a show and see as I can see them all when I'm sitting in traffic.

At this point I am considering skipping the minimal bodywork I need, doing the headliner myself, and calling a local glass company to come and install the glass. I have been looking at the plastidip you tube channel as a cheap alternative to shoot some color on the car (it's cheap and peels off if you want to change it)...

If anyone else around here has some leads, I'm open to recommendations.