View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The PMW control had done distinct advantages depending on how it is configured. Basically, you can reduce the duty cycle at low fuel demand periods. This of course allows for a pump that is not driven as hard and cooler fuel. Also, you could possibly use different pressures to allow for a longer injector duty cycle at idle and raise the pressure at WOT to reduce duty cycle for high rpm.

So, basically, the fuel pressure becomes part of the tune. Now I really expect all this is to facilitate a dead headed fuel system for this efi system.

The O2 sensor is a handy tuning tool. Every engine seems to like something different, but at least you have a bench mark to tune from. Check out 14point7.com. I use a setup from them for my megasquirt.

And speaking of megasquirt, even a cheap ms box can data log and with a wireless bluetooth adapter, can send logs out to a virtual dash with any gauges you want to a smartphone or tablet. Heck, you could even stick with a carb and gain ignition timing control. Lots of possibilities. I am sure other systems can perform in a similar fashion, just not sure of the cost.

Dave

Fishing guide in the Washington state for Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon. Fish-On!

Last edited by Fishin2Deep4U; 08-12-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Pump is not spelled P-I-M-P!