View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 02:11 AM

Hiya Keith! Hope you are well!

More info; we sold the car (69 GP) to Ross Schneider in 1984; he was a GTO guy and while he pulled the engine (and trans) and scrapped the car in 1985 - he never put the engine in anything.
I tracked Ross down in the mid-90s and he still had it. I told him to keep my contact info someplace with easy access, like the front of his refrigerator. I should have moved on it then. Some time later he was at a local cruise in (somewhere in the western suburbs of Chicago) and got to talking to some Pontiac guys. He thought one of them had a green 69 Firebird - like my contact at the St. Charles shows. (That is why I inquired with Firebird guy at that show, he stated he had a friend with a bunch of Pontiac parts including blocks & engines.)

At any rate, Ross had these guys over to his house in Addison IL. They came with a truck and bought everything he had. Ross didn't have any contact info for them. This would have been anywhere from 1995 through 1997. When I called Ross again that is when he told me he sold everything.

We knew the entire history on the engine - it had 80K on it and nothing done to it except for pushrods and timing chain. So, this would have probably been a complete engine - carb to pan, with a stick-shift numbered Quadrajet, chrome valve covers and air cleaner lid, #48 heads, etc.

Any leads would be appreciated. This was the first Pontiac engine I ever got to do any work on!