View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
That still leaves head gasket condition unknown, a head gasket is the most common source of gas entering the cooling system. Heat is a by product of a gas laden cooling system as gas will not cool any engine with a liquid cooled system. The hottest portion of the engine is where the gas is going to collect to keep the coolant off of the interior of the heads cooling jackets.

Hoses get hard from pressure, not heat. The pressure is controlled by the cap, and can be either from expanding coolant, or compression getting into the cooling system.

After 45 years as a mechanic the first thing I'd be doing is a pressure test to first see if (1) the system holds pressure, and (2) if it builds pressure with the engine running.

You're asking for opinions because you can't find the problem, that's one opinion, discount it if already know the answer.
Thanks for the reply I had prev done a block gas test and the results were neg also pressurized the system at 13lbs and it held overnight .I am sure the hoses are getting hard fron heat build up pressure once the thermostat finally opens they release and everything is normal takes about 5 minutes of run time . I pulled the manifold yesterday to see if the bypass hole was obstructed it was not . So I guess I will pull the water pump and recheck the plate and tubes only thing left.