View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 05:20 PM

I sent a sketch to both Ames and Butler Performance, and I never did get an answer for what the overall dimension between the motor mount thru bolt holes was supposed to be.
Ames said they didn't keep engineering info there, ask Butler, they designed the mounts I had. Micheal at Butler said he needed a little more info, then he thought he could provide the answer, but did not return two phone calls.
I ended up using the factory engine brackets I bought off Ebay with brand new frame units from O'Reilly. They and the welded brackets from Ames seemed to fit very close together and they seemed to want the overall dimension to be 15 3/4 " .
But on my front crossmember, it measured about 15 1/4". I finally slotted the frame unit mount holes 1/4" on both sides and got it all to fit. I'll never understand what was wrong but I got past it. There is a possibility the front crossmember got changed, somebody else worked on the car in the past.
I hope knowing those two dimensions will help somebody. And I can verify that the spacing between the two top frame unit mounting holes is supposed to be 2.090 " (2 3/32 "). I measured one unit at 2.150 and that baby was not going to fit!

Greg