View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post
If you DON'T tell him, you will never get past it. You will have that lingering feeling that you want to tell him and you are real sorry you didn't.

I'd put it like this: Mention that "I had a bit of car trouble while we were at the beach".
He will reply, "What sort of trouble?" And you say, "your dog Boof jumped up and managed to scratch my door. Suzie (his wife) saw it happen"
Before he can open his mouth tell him you have tried to rectify the scratch with some polish but its a bit worse than I can achieve - I'll have to get a professional to look at it.

And see where it goes from there. If he's GOOD guy, he will say right away he will pay the professional guys charges. And you say, "Well I'll find out what it will cost and let you know".
If he's not such a good guy, says nothing, then your relationship is marred for ever. But at least you know the measure of the man.

Ian
Bet you don’t have any friends left...lol . They are called accidents for a reason....Sheit happens. Some days your the dog...and some days your the hydrant

The Following User Says Thank You to MUSLCAH For This Useful Post: