View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by burd View Post
When GM muscled GMC into the Pontiac clan, I was PO then, you go to the Dustboff and see GMC trucks next to GTO”s. Not sure why the GMC guys think they’re better than the Chevy boys, hate to tell you, ITS THE SAME TRUCK, just 200 lbs of plastic chrome.
I get your stance, but sometimes things need to change in order to keep a hobby alive & relevant;
Just see the prior posts about the complaints from strato-streak(?) V* proponents against the corporate Pontiacs in HPP.

For a great deal of their history GMC was absolutely just a badge engineered Chevrolet-truck - but if you go back far enough, you can see that they used to be different;
Also, after Pontiac was folded, you could IMMEDIATELY see the Pontiac design influence on GMC vehicle offerings.
I prefer shows were different vehicle types are groups more or less together, so maybe you need to go to a different show, or have some involvement in THAT show so that you don't have a GMC (truck) parked beside a GTO(?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
I also like the printed mags vs online but online is better than nothing. I'm also surprised nobody suggested printing out the online version? I also think POCI and GTOAA should merge, it just makes sense.
I would wager that many like me think that printing a magazine doesn't even come close to the real thing... then there's the downloading issues (that at least) I personally had.
I too thought online was better than nothing, but I found it wasn't much better than nothing.

It would be great if someone with clout from POCI was to read this, and take some of the whining as constructive criticism;
If I could re-subscribe with a printed magazine for a reasonable fee, I would do it in a heartbeat (even knowing that I would often get my printed issue a month late).

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)