View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrown View Post
I have Global West tubular Negative Roll A-arms. These arms use a b-body spindle and rotors or 1LE rotors (5-4.75 instead of the b-body 5-5). I don't yet know what coil springs to order. I probably need to wait until I get the engine installed. Then I can weight the car. I am guessing that the car will loose between 200 and 300 pounds when completed. I have orderd Pontiac Rallye II, Steel, Chrome, 16 in.x 7 Wheel Vintiques from Summit. These have been on back order for almost 3 months. Although I wanted the 8" wide wheel the quoted time on the 8" wide wheels was summer 09. I plan on running 255/50/16 on the rear. I'm not sure what will fit the front.
I think you may have trouble getting the 255 rubber on a 7 inch rim. I think the 255 needs a 8 inch minimum (and even that is small). With big tall tires, it's not so much of a problem, but the low sidewall is pretty intolerant of the wrong rim size. Better make sure your tire manufacturer approves the combo. Years ago I did a 68 GTO with a similar suspension, wheel tire package as you have. I used 16x8 Centerlines and the 255/50 Comp TA rubber. All had 5 inch back space and would not rub on the front (though I had a 2nd gen T/A steering box, so steering stops are different).