View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 02:37 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newgto:
Hi David,
Hope you get your build sheet sent confirming your original engine. Yes, my 68 was basically untouched and the PHS documentation matched everything and made sense until the "000000" for the engine number. Never thought much about that, until now, as how would they know which engine number was going to be inserted into the ordered car. The VIN stamping is very light and only a few numbers can be extracted so it would have been great if the PHS documentation had the engine number too. Wonder if others have the "000000" from a Framingham build?
(Few posts, so far, but read tons to get educated for an accurate "restoration" this time. I have many questions but wanted to first contribute before asking questions ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

new,
Just to let you know I have a '68GTO convert built in Baltimore (invoice 11/20/67) that also has the "000000" in the engine numberspot.
I never thought it was a big deal, since I got the PHS docs BEFORE I purchased the car and made sure the serial # on the engine matched the VIN,and the casting # and date code on the block were period correct
ALL the other Numbers for the carb,distributor,heads,intake were what they should have been and period correct AND (should I start this) the Trans had the correct code & numbers.
I am the second adult owner (over 42) when I purchased the car 12 years ago. First owner was 43 when he purchased it in Jan '68 and kept the car 25 years never changing anything from the original. I purchased it in Feb '93. It was what I had been looking for for over a decade, needed work but was all original.
The next resto is a '68 LeMans convert and not one thing will be original. Go figure ............. Al

I guess.......(Red Green)