View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default different direction

going to move away from the body work stuff for awhile to take a break from it. all the new metal and rust repairs are done. final gap fitment is next, will be welding on some thin wire as needed to make the gaps nice. then final body filler and endless sanding. be awhile before I get to that. going to complete most of the rest of the car now. I want to be able to pull it in and out of the shop under power to sand and such so its not so messy.

put the fuel tank in about ready to start it up after over a year and a half. added a roll over valve to the fuel tank vent beings I tossed the funky emissions set up between the rear seat as well as the canister that was in the engine bay.

had the original driveshaft cut at both ends to remove the weaker 1310 ends and had new 1350 series yokes welded on. added a forged sonnax trans yoke and the moser rear has the forged 1350 as well. all balanced and installed. -its not a butler driveshaft, just had the cool decal. and added my version of a "correct" Pontiac engine blue stripe!

if anyone needs the info, the firebird with the th350 trans driveshaft works without shortening for moving to a th400. the th350 trans yoke is 5 1/2" so I used the 32 spline 5 1/2" th400 sonnax yoke.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:59 AM.