View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Aftermarket radiator mounting

Planned on electric fans so went with a champion aftermarket aluminum radiator. this presents custom mounting. figured there were a lot of aftermarket set ups making this easy but I didn't find any nor did anyone that's done this here want to reveal there method lol.

maybe better/easier ways but here's what I did and it came out great with the radiator mounted very solidly and cushioned. wanted to use the original rubber mounting gaskets I had so I fabricated some brackets for the lower engine side that encapsulate the bottom rubber ends. on the lower bumper side, the small original brackets worked perfect.

for the top of the radiator I used small 1/2" square tubing and fabbed brackets at the original fan shroud nutplate locations and welded it up. the square tubing fit perfect against the radiator and leveled out with the top hump.

used automotive/marine self adhesive rubber on the square tubing that pulls against the radiator and at the bottom of the square tubing. cleaned and hit it with some semi gloss rattle can and called er' good.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:59 AM.