View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Senior Chief

Nice find with great options! Good to see that it wasn't destroyed here in the southern Ontario winter weather.

Cool to see the Canadian Forces Base Trenton sticker too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesan13 View Post

The car was originally from Ontario Canada, and from some of the work orders I received with the car, it appears the car was in the Trenton Ontario area until at least 1994...

The car was built in the Norwood plant during the second week of February 1971 (02B). The GM of Canada Vintage Vehicle paperwork (PHS) shows that the car was shipped to Hogan Pontiac Buick Ltd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada on February 12, 1971.
Hogan Pontiac Ltd. was one of the first and largest Pontiac dealers in the Toronto area until GM destroyed that in 2009. Reinvented as Hogan Chevrolet Buick GMC Limited and remains operational today but at a different location.

Would be cool if they still had paperwork for your car; might be worth a call (416) 291-5054 even though they moved from the Danforth to Sheppard Avenue East in the early 80's .

Photos of Hogan Pontiac Buick (Acadian GMC Vauxhall) circa 1968 and 1972 below. Grand Prix, Lemans, and Buick Wildcat to name a few are visible.

There may be a possibility to get the prior owner's names (from Ontario only) with the VIN. If you want me to look into it Chris, send me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage-photo-of-hogan-1968-on-danforth.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	531521   Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage-photo-of-hogan-1972-on-danforth.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	531522