View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

do you still have the piece that broke off? I was able to rebuild mind by carefully cutting the remains of the sleeve off the shaft, filing the edge off what was left of the antenna and pushed it back over the pin. I then I took apart a tubing cutter, replaced the blade with a washer that I filed to an edge, got the spacing to match the recess in the pin, then rolled the pressed in edge to hold the antenna back into it's metal pin and put it back together. The edge came out perfectly and you can't tell the difference from an original groove.

Result is original antenna thats still original, same height in fully down position but there's an inch and a half of the first extension showing at the top if you have it all the way down. obviously, all the way up it would be short by that distance but no one drives around with that antenna all the way up or it'd be brushing the tree tops.

I think the modified tool is still in my tool box because I have other tubing cutters and didn't want to trash my masterpiece of innovation!