View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have owned quite a few '73 & 74 Ventura partscars, two Ventura Sprints, & a '74 GTO. Most were Van Nuys builds. Have parted on many dozens more, & I always look at the cowl tag. A51 is the only RPO notation I can remember running across, on a Van Nuys build '73 or '74 Ventura. If your '74 has factory bucket seats, it should have A51 on the cowl tag. From my exp, '64, 65, 66, 67 Fremont build A-body's often had multiple RPO callouts on their body tags, don't remember seeing such a deal on later Venturas.

The body production number, as well as & the internal plant usage (sequence) number that's on the bottom line of the cowl tag, you will most likely will have to extrapolate from looking at numbers off other VN same body style cowl tags, the closer the VIN built cars, the better. The sequence #'s may be on a copy of the original build sheet. Am looking at a build sheet I pulled out of an VN built 80 T/A that I prev parted, that VN buildsheet has what's noted as a DP SEQ NO, which I believe are the two series of number imprinted on the bottom of the cowl tag.