View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1970 T/A ram IV question

Many years ago, I bought a 1970 WW block assembly, JW wheels, and a shaker assembly from a guy who had parts from a 1970 Ram IV 4-spd T/A. I ran the VIN through PHS and the car was sold nearby in NC. I was told the car was destroyed and the owner or a friend of his stripped a lot of parts off the car before it was hauled off. The heads and intake had been used on another car.

The WW has long since sold to a PY member, but I'm trying to figure out if I still have the shaker. I remember the shaker assembly had a dual snorkel base, and I think it was a 1971 base assembly and had a small metal plug (or maybe plastic) covering the hole for the 1971 vent tube.

For those of you who have a 1970 Ram IV T/A, is this the way the base was handled? Were there any differences in the base between a 1970 Ram IV and a 1971 T/A shaker? What top half did the 1970 Ram IV use? Was it the thin lip 1970 or the thicker 1971 shaker top?

I've got several shaker assemblies and in some cases the tops have been separated from the bases. I seem to have more 1970 tops than I think I should have, so I think one of the bases may be the 1970 with the plug removed.