View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 12:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Sorry I dont have the specific answers to your questions, but a friend of mine installed 4th gen T/A seats in a 69 firebird, from what I recall he drilled new holes in the floor to mount them with the 4th gen tracks. I will look closer next time im there.

You can use strap steel to drill new holes for the 4th gen tracks, I did that on some procar seats I installed in my 2nd gen, the procar tracks are expensive & sit up a lot taller than factory tracks, so I made some brackets out of strap steel that bolted to the seats, then drilled holes to mount the factory seat tracks, worked great and the seats sit at factory height.
Thank you for the information

I can drill new holes in the floor to mount the 4th gen tracks, however the floor is re-enforced where the stock mounting locations are and my first thought was to try and use the stock mounting locations that are threaded. I can drill new holes and run hardened bolts up through the floor to fit the 4th gen mounting locations if that is the best way to go.

It appears that I have to block or spacer up the driver side power track in the rear as the taper to the powered seat tracks front to rear are different than the taper on the passenger side. It looks like the passenger side non power tracks fit the contour of the floor good but drops lower in the rear - maybe an inch to the front mounting location. The driver mounting holes are at the same level front to rear on the power seat tracks which likely requires a spacer in the rear to fit contour of the floor.

I am sure I can make these tracks work and the seats look nice and right in the car. I will just have to build up the tracks to the right level with trial and fitment.

I was hoping someone had done the conversion already and could offer some short cuts to using the stock mounting locations.