View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I spoke to the seller over the weekend and made an offer, but he had higher offers. It sold for $44k. It is a very nice car and exceptionally well optioned. What stopped me from being the buyer at that price was that I couldn't see it in person in time. for that money on a non-judge it needed a bit of money to get it right... a Gardner exhaust, correct tires (it had whitelines) and a restored correct power antenna. Doesn't sound like much but just that is $3k minimum plus some engine bay detailing. Also the ziebart look underneath would need cleaning up too and that could reveal some surprises. Maryland isn't Arizona. The interior is beautiful but it's all repop (seat covers, dash trim, seat backs, carpet etc, I lean towards virgin interiors as much as possible even if not perfect.

Regardless it's a sweet looking car with an amazing factory installed option list; a Grand Prix SJ type of GTO. $44k was top money but it's a beauty!

Note the silver grilles on a Ram Air car, seems to be a mix of black and silver grilles installed on non Judge RA cars. I wonder if it was an early-late thing, a plant thing or just a hit and miss situation.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)