View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 05:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
You have a draw on the battery somewhere. Remove your negative post clamp from the battery, hook up a volt meter in line with the negative post and the ground clamp. If it is showing a voltage reading, there is a draw. Pull fuses until the draw stops. That will be the circuit that’s live. Do this with the ignition key off and doors closed.
tigergto, this sounds brilliant but I'm having some difficulty picturing this in my head. As I said earlier, I'm naive when it comes to anything electrical.

OK, so; this is how I picture your suggestion;

1) Remove the negative battery cable
2) Hook up the voltmeter to the negative post on the battery (inline?) and ground clamp.
This is where I get lost. I believe the voltmeter has a negative and positive? So on the volt meter, I'm hooking up a lead to the Neg post on the battery and a lead to the ground clamp? (ground clamp? The Neg cable?)

Let me stop here so I understand this step by step. Thus far something about your idea sounds good. Thank you.