View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
I have noticed that also..... no trailers, let alone trucks. Big car in front and tow bars. Kind of shows the determination and will to race. In a hillbilly parallel, I have noticed old Montana pictures. Old 2wd Model T trucks, loaded to the gills with dead deer, in a foot of snow hauling them out, on skinny tires with chains. No big deal. Now we all need big sturdy 4wd
Smokey Yunick talked about flat towing in his autobiography. A lot of cool pic's here!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	498050
This was at Newton, Iowa on my way to POCI this summer in Wisconsin Dells.
These 2 Guys were from Utah in that awesome 58. I never did see the car at POCI, anyone? The guy in picture was getting me a handout out of the back seat explaining the benefits of Mormanism...I didn't argue with him...wanted to remain friendly...

Took trip mostly so my good friend could go. He and his wife had moved back to Iowa in Oct 2017 so he could be closer to family in his later years ( he had Parkinson's). They moved to Oklahoma in 1982, as many did because of job market at that time.
Sadly he passed away in August. His wife said he had a great time at POCI. I did not perceive him enjoying it much, he had such difficulty getting around, and doing anything...including sleeping..

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...

Last edited by 77 TRASHCAN; 11-17-2018 at 10:14 AM.