View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Her first time driving was in our 60 Safari wagon. She didn’t hate it. I didn’t want her in my company truck for obvious reasons. Didn’t want her in the hellcat for more obvious reasons.... the wagon was there so we took it out.

Scat- that is a fear of mine. Put a lot of time, $$, and effort into something and the kid not like it.
This goes back a number of years for me...

Our daughter got her driver's license in 1989. Initially she was allowed to drive my wife's 79 Grand LeMans when needed. She was just happy to have something to drive.

A coworker's uncle had a '79 Mustang (6 cylinder - like most Mustangs of that era) that he wanted to get rid of. I bought it to flip it, but when I brought it home my daughter asked "Is that for me?".

Hadn't really though about buying her a car, but I only paid $700 for it, so I told her that if she had a job so that she could afford gas and all normal maintenance it could be. I gave her 30 days to get a job. It took her 3 days to find a job.

About a year later, I changed jobs and needed to replace my 1985 regular cab pickup with a car. She asked if she could have my truck instead of the car, so I finally got to flip the Mustang. Sold it for $2000.

I guess the point I'm making is kids should be happy with whatever you get them when it comes to a car. When they spend their own money, they can get what they want.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post: