Thread: Hit N Run
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Once, right after I had my Lemans Sprint painted and assembled, went to a big box store and when i came out, there was an old station wagon up against my rear bumper, pushing it up against the body.

I wonder how he managed to get his car home with 2 flat tires. Side cutter on the valve stem is a handy tool. There are cameras every where today..be careful.

Another time, a crazy woman in a beat up Lincoln Continental came out of a parking lot, crossing the opposite lane turning into my lane in front of me and the corners met, damaging my front corner marking lite (different car). very little damage to either car.

I went directly into a Wendy's there and asked if anyone saw the incident and got names, then called the police. They said the weather was bad, I would need to go to the station.
Told that to the woman and she was refusing, so I told her fine, I'd go myself and she would be leaving the scene of an accident.

Went to the station with her, we both gave our versions, the officer told her she was at fault and wrote her up. When she left, she also had a parking ticket on her car.

To end the story, I received a letter from her company claiming I was at fault and those cars are expensive to fix, yadda yadda, Called them up and asked if they had a copy of the police report, no, that's fine, I'll send it to you. Threw the letter away.

Today, everyone has a camera, start taking pix, videos, etc. even take pix regularly to show original condition. Simple.

George