View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 03:26 PM

Default High Horsepower Grand Am?

I've owned a 3400 Grand Am before it lasted me till 348xxx miles. Well kept but ran it hard and tranny gave up. I figured in replacement i'd get a Ford F-150 Lightning Or a Porsche Cayenne turbo. Now you may be asking why in the world i would consider a GA over these (obviously) more powerful vehicles and That's something im asking myself. But i loved my grand am i got it only with 12,000 miles and it was a great car I've always wanted to make it faster, granted. 210 Hp just isn't enough. I know these 3400's can withstand some modification to an extent but it's the transmission i worry about. I'm not too intune with GM vehicles (I'm a ford guy) but something about the simplicity of the Grand am and the reliability made me love it, Sure it had it's cheap mid 2000's interior and were notorious for a curling dash but i liked the car oddly enough it was such a good experience i really am considering another one over the lightning or the porsche. Something about the Ga's that intrigue me so much. They're quirky little cars. I just want to know if i were to get one, How would i make it be able to get to atleast 400ish horsepower without the trans blowing on me. There just isn't a huge aftermarket for these cars😕

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk