View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
There are a whole series of special lug removing sockets for the different styles of locks. My local mechanic sent me home with 8 of his to take off the lugs on my BBS wheels. They would also hammer on but had reverse threads to them so they would bite the lock - all you had to do was pick the one with the correct taper angle and the right diameter.

Cats out of the bag on the LS1/LS6 blocks now! Is there an identifying code on the RPO tag or were they just used as they came down the line? I understand quite a few of the 02 collector's editions got the LS-6.
There's no rpo code they seem to have just been used at random. I have had 50 or so 02s and about 10-15% have had LS6 blocks. People say (mostly people with LS1 block cars) say there's no difference performance wise but there absolutely is...those cars are what a lot of people call the factory freaks because they are a noticeably stronger. I think GM Hitech did an article on them in 03 or 04 and dynoed two identical z28s and the ls6 block car made about 20hp more. Again the counter is it's the same heads cam and intake so it should make the same power but I can tell you you can feel the difference.

As for CETAs having more ls6s than average...total BS. They are just as random...I have had 5 and only 1 had the ls6 block. In fact if you look close you will see the pic below with a ls1 block is of a CETA.