View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

SUCCESS.
I received a 1978 Blower Control Switch (Rotary) from Rockauto.com About $23.00 shipped.
It was different then the other two I have been testing with.. It had No terminal #1. I searched specifically for a 1978 and when I got it I was relieved that it was different.

I also ordered and received three 5 terminal relays at the same time. They had a closeout and I got them for about $4.00 each. so I bought three, in case I blew one up again.

I first attached the control head using the harness that had the double yellow on terminal #5 and no double brown/white coming off terminal #2.

All I had was low on all speeds.......

I swapped that for the harness that had the double BROWN/WHITE on terminal #2 and the single YELLOW power connector on terminal #5 and BINGO! I have total fan speed control on all mode settings..

Specifically here is how it is working.
On off there is NO LOW speed.
ON MAX A/C it does NOT override the Fan Switch and go to full HIGH. But I can control it to run on all 4 speeds in MAX A/C.

On all other Mode Positions if the Fan Speed Switch is on "LO" it runs LOW. And all of the other 3 speeds work as expected.

I want to thank everyone that helped me out. Especially Pepi and Lee. This was not a critical thing like some problems. It was kinda a goofy thing but it was my thing.. Still, you folks were there to help me out like i had busted my oil pan open in the middle of the desert!
If you guys are ever in California let me know. So now onto the dash install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switches2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	217710   Click image for larger version

Name:	switches1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	217711   Click image for larger version

Name:	switch1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	217712  

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372