View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:45 PM

Nothing to really update. I've been stripping the 61 as what is left of the body is going to San Diego California. (anyone need anything from this car before it goes off)? The guy is after the roof, glass and roof trim. I would have liked to have kept the rear end but I don't have one to replace it. It's not a posi unit so I didn't see any advantage in taking the guts.

As you probably can tell I've never done anything like this so I am noting what my plans are so far and any suggestions of a better way. Some of this might not be the most "traditional" but I'm also trying to make this as least complicated as possible.

I'm thinking I should just buy the Speedway straight axle kit? I'm also looking at buying their dual frame mount brake kit. I'm planning on using the frame as it is outside of boxing in the front of the frame.

I would like to find a stock clutch pedal and linkage but no luck there so far. (what years are the same? anything outside of 55-57?) Speedway also makes a frame mounted hydraulic floor pedal. This would seem to me to be easier than trying to hang pedals with associated linkage?

I want to get my parts lined up but I also don't want to be buying something and then find out it doesn't work or there is a better way. All suggestions appreciated.