View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Senior Chief

Default Ford for Me

Same here, Don.

I'm afraid GM is just another company now committed to the SJW hires and thought processes. Engineering at GM has moved further down the ranks behind the bean counters and SJW types.

I, too, bailed on GM when my 2009 Suburban nickeled and dimed me into total frustration. Just a total PITA truck that I could no longer trust on my trips to my cabin.

I was a life-long GM guy who used to preach nothing but GM, but I've moved on to Ford with an excellent 2018 F-150, and a brand new 2018 Escape Titanium for my wife.

Despite their issues, you can tell Ford is at least trying.

I'm not so sure that Mary Barra is the amazing person she's portrayed to be in the press.

Harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
I read an account of the designing of the logo from someone on the design team and it was a typically arrogant and clueless GM mindset, with plenty of buzzwords. It was completely dismissive of any criticism, this person literally talking down to journalists with decades of experience. It struck me like a teenager telling his parents how the world works.

The truth is, the new logo looks like something you could design with a phone app. Maybe that's the new mindset of GM after all...

After decades of being frustrated with their management and arrogance, I am done with GM. The last GM car I bought was a 2008 Malibu LTZ. Nice car but it nickel-dimed me to death. I just bought a leftover 2020 Ford Escape SEL. I didn't even consider an Equinox or other GM SUV and I love it. Super comfy, loaded, and even a panoramic roof. It has the base EcoBoost three-cylinder. It is surprisingly quick. It will 0-60 in under 8 seconds and the mileage is incredible. It's the perfect daily driver. I don't need to impress girls because I already have one... ;-)