View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yesterday I drove my '64 GTO Convertible for the first time since Feb 1990. I am in need of troubleshooting help and will be posting about that next.

First pic was taken on the day I purchased it in Boise, Idaho. Stopped for gas and then drove home to Chicago. Following weekend I began to disassemble it, body off the frame. Moved it long distance that way and in boxes 3 times before getting serious about putting it back together. It was still being assembled when I moved again.

Late January it was delivered to me. Tires were still the ones I drove it from Boise with, they were disintegrating. Got the steel wheels powdercoated and then chose Tiger Paw whitewalls.

2nd pic taken recently. A month ago I started installing the fresh tires. After installing 3 wheels, I discovered a puddle of brake fluid under the left front, poorly rebuilt wheel cylinder had leaked and made a mess. That stalled me but yesterday I put it all back together. Put the top down and wife and I took it out for a cautious Sunday drive. Got a couple waves along the way. Now back in the garage while I work thru the punch list of issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img047.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	511251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1151.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	511252  

Last edited by John V.; 04-29-2019 at 03:23 PM.