View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't believe for a minute that AMD spent the bucks to make their own dies for a current production Pontiac bumper. The dies for the reproduction '67 rear bumper were first mfg near 20 years ago by one entity. Have dealt with two individuals that have been to Taiwan in the production facilities & they both shared with me what they saw. On quite a few reproduction panels, an initial marketing group went to the expense of having the dies made, initial part test fitting, any revisions, then the part was approved for production, & offered by that marketting group. Years later, in comes another marketting group, & voila, one can buy that specific panel in packaging from the alternative marketer.

My suggestion if you have an ill fitting reproduction '67 GTO rear bumper, remove it & take it with you to AMD facility nearby, & study the contours very closely of it & the new bumper. If the "new" rear bumper is the same as the previous supplied repro, it's time to source a nice used rear bumper core & have it triple plated. 2 years ago, TriCity in far northeastern TN plated several bumpers for myself & another PY member. Very happy with the results.