Thread: Our Story...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy

When i was young, i always wanted GTO's... I remember growing up, we would have 4-8 GTO's at any given time at the house.. more than i can remember them all.. so when i got to driving age, it was only natural. As i've gotten older, i have kind've fallen in love with the fact that its not a GTO. I kind've think the less popular model and color are a perfect fit for my personality... It has been great to be able to share the racing and the work on it with my family.. My dad was always there to help me, but even my mom would come out and pitch in sometimes. One time on mother's day, the local track had a Powder Puff race and my mom entered in it with engleben and won her only race. Her only son screwed up and had a bad light in the final and had to settle for a runner/up that day.. But awesome moments like that never leave you. The day i won my first wally ( pictured above ) i lost another wally in sportsman by .007 then regrouped, went 3 more rounds in Pro to win one.. and along the way, i beat some big hitters, in all out racecars, even a dragster in there. The best feeling in the world was driving that car that i cleaned house in that day home that night with a check and a wally and tunes on the old am radio. Ive always been proud that it's stayed a street car and i get to enjoy it in so many different ways. I felt like John Milner in the last scene of More American Graffiti driving off in the coupe after beating the factory. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components