View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Senior Chief

Just over 3 weeks away!!
I just got the 3 Rochester 2bbl carbs back from All American Carburetors. They look great, and once I install them I am hoping they run as good as they look.
I will say that I may have rather gone with the Pontiac Tripower guys, or someone recommended on this forum only because the Pontiac Tripower article says they have other than stock jetting available, which I thought AAC would have, but Bill at AAC said that some of those jets up from stock are "hard to find" so he left my current jets in. The center carb has 61 and the outboard carbs have 68 jets. With the build level of the 421, which I included all of the details when I sent the carbs to AAC, the only way (or best way for me) to get a handle on the A/F ratio and carb performance is to put the car on a nearby shop's mustang chassis dyno and run it through the gears and various throttle positions and see what the sniffers say. At that point I will have a better idea if the jets need changing.
With $800 in UMI rear suspension parts being installed, replacing all of the upper and lower control arms and adding the horizontal rear shock tower brace and control arm pivot points bracket to the new upgraded Quick Performance Ford 9" based 3.80 geared TrueTrack posi rear axle assembly, the 421GOAT should be quite the ride, and the Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes replacing factory 4 wheel drum system should slow it back down nicely.
I also have to install and tune my 3 2bbl Holley carbs coming back from Promax with about $750 in upgraded parts on them