View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

The entire dash harness and bulbs were replaced. I'm not certain that this wasn't an issue prior either, the dash bulbs were always pretty dim. They appeared to be the originals and many of them had quite a bit of silvering on them.

One thing I've always had occur and still does (which leads me to believe this may not be an entirely new issue) is that when the lights are turned on, the fuel gauge moves towards empty.

One of the few things I did not replace recently is the printed circuit board. I'm almost wondering if there isn't an issue there. I just don't know what would be killing voltage through the dash otherwise. The ignition and the EFI is run off the battery, triggered by a relay connected to the black and pink coil wire. So there's zero load on the dash from those items. That includes the fuel pump as well.

The only thing that will still load through the dash is the headlights. I did recently install a set of aftermarket LED headlights. Thinking that could be the culprit, I completely removed the headlight socked from the plug. This made no change, so it's not the headlights that are causing the voltage drop.

the FiTech reads voltage at the battery and with or without the headlights on, the car sees a constant 13.8-14 volts from the alternator, so I can pretty decently rule that out as the cause as well.