View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 01:00 PM

I have used the chea versions of Walmart batteries for years. If a vehicle is going to sit a while I use a cut off switch. The battery in Trans Am is going on 6 years now, it sweats a little but starts TA every time. The battery in the 79 truck is a Die Hard and that thing is going on 10 years now. My parents always believed in Die Hard batteries and that is what was in it when they gave it to me. It does have a cut off switch though for my piece of mind. The CCA on battery is just more paste on the plates and a selling point IMO. When I worked at Western Auto in my 20's, we would get a kick back every time we would up-sale on certain auto parts like batteries. I would rather spend 50 on a 1 year warranty battery rather then buy a 280 optima with a 3 year warranty. If you have a good running vehicle that will start after just 2 to three cranks (stock carb vehicle) then that should be all you need. That money people spend on a yellow/red tops could be spent on more important things for the vehicle.