View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default rough quarter fit, rear outer tail panel time woop woop!

rough trimmed the drivers quarter panel to check outer wheelhouse and trunk drop off fit. either lucky or I did good the fit is (not bragging) excellent. better than the passenger side and its good though. no drastic measures to do. both sides the outer wheelhouse is a great fit. drivers trunk drop off is a great fit, the passenger side trunk drop off is a half inch high at the bottom flange from mating up with the quarter bottom flange. easy tweak there though so no worries about my quarters etc very pleased!

prepped the outer tail panel this morning. only cut off the minimum to remove rust. first time iv'e used a spot weld remover bit. only because I need to save the heavy gauge bracket there. went right thru it a couple spots but didn't care because whats behind it needed replacing.

marked off the area to remove and cut it off. easy outer tail panel splice in here. the brace and inner tail panel behind the removed portion is all solid and in great shape. not that it won't be a good splice but the area will be completely hiddin by the bumper and panels to boot. only replacing the usual bottom rusted portion. no heavy spot welds to remove, no trunk panel guttering coming loose to risk things moving from square. staying within my comfort zone!

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 11:00 AM.