View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR57
..these 73-77 A-body Tech threads have been kind of dull lately.

Just getting in from our New Year's Eve party, 3:25 am Toronto time, spent $275 plus on dinner and dancing with my wife and a few friends. I don't think that puts me in the cheap category. Damn It! That's over half the price of repro 73 Ram Air package that was never offered to the general public! God what was I thinking?
if memory serves me correctly it was advertised here, on the c/p site and the a-body site. where else would brian have advertised it?

personally i think the 500.00 is reasonable for a piece that is repro'd from one of the few gm systems ever assembled.

it blows my mind that this same bunch will drop big dollars on a set of nos wheel opening mldgs but won't show interest in a project that will make the car run better and still looks oem.

but then again the 74 g/am isn't the only car i own and i'm more of a racer at heart than a show car person.

i also look at a restoration / restification as more than paint and wheels. if there was genuine interest in saving these cars then there'd be quality sheetmetal being stamped, as of this time there's none out there.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill