Thread: Homade Spacers
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Now let's not exaggerate. Dragondouche is only unfactual about 75% of the time. But we must remember he is a skilled Millwright and has an eye for quality... You can see this in his pride and joy GTO (it's hard to believe he has done all the work on this incredible machine himself... Not in some "hacks" garage) he has owned this fine looking machine most of his life. It is a full blown, highly detailed, respectable machine that has run 10.8 (windowing the block) once! It has all the good options like PS, factory fan, no vacuum pump, no electric water pump (like 20hp according to him), marker light delete option,and managed this incredible performance at a sea level track... This man has an eye for skilled craft and knows what works!!!
Let me tell you something pile, that car has been through a lot. It has been though 4 mill closures in 6 years I worked at. Each time re starting the upgrade project only to have the rug pulled out from underneath me. But I raced it the whole time anyway. It had perfect bodywork 80% complete, then a wreck, then closures. Old fenders slapped back on it and kept racing. The body man who was doing it moved away when his mill closed too.

"That" picture was to honor all those wins and 2nd places and points standings with one single engine. One bore, one crank surface.
And it also proves I am a much better racer than you. Like I have said, never even spun a rod bearing or blown a head gasket in my Pontiac life.
You keep it up, the one looking bad here is you pile. If it was not for N2O you would have no rep at all. You need the stuff.
BTW, I built the engine that has been hammered since 1990, built the trany, rear end, carb work, and did the ladder bar work. All of it. Body comes last, racing first.