View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Went Shopping

Decided to go to Monroe/West Monroe & pick up a few things.

At HD, I bought the 15 & 25 gal Husky storage boxes, plus one of the cheap $7.98 boxes. The lid on the cheap box actually feels stronger than the Husky lid.

The handles are completely different. They had a big display of the cheap boxes up near the checkout area. I thought maybe they were out of the 15 gal Husky boxes, since the shelves were empty.

But, I looked way up on the very top of the shelving & there were probably a dozen in a stack. Had to get a guy with the hyd lift to get 'em down for me. He asked how many I wanted. I said, "Well, I just want one today. But while you're up there, you may as well bring the whole stack down. Somebody else may want one & it'll save you a trip back up there.".

The Dewalt 12" is a perfect fit in the 15 gal Husky box. The Kobalt 12" is ALMOST a perfect fit, in the cheap box. The WEN will only fit in the big Husky box, with the bar cover off. Later on, I may put a shorter bar on the WEN. I think a 14" would be perfect.

They had larger boxes. But they looked like bathtubs. We'll do some more thinkin, before buying one of those. To fit the 80v Kobalt in one of the smaller boxes, I'd have to either cut a hole for the bar to stick out, or remove the bar/chain. Since we won't be using the 80v very often, I'm thinkin maybe just remove the bar/chain, & leave that box on the bottom of the stack. Don't take long to remove or replace.

Another idea is to buy one of the bigger boxes & store the 80v Kobalt, along with all the other chainsaw related stuff we don't wanna keep in the house, or loose in the storage building. That box will stay in the storage building, & we'll just take out the saw and/or whatever we need for the day's job. The other boxes are small enuff & light enuff to just throw the whole thing in the truck, or a couple of 'em in the tractor bucket & take off. Could store an extra bar & chain for each saw, in it's own box.

Wouldn't hurt to have some plastic wedges in each box. After watching lots of videos, I can see how handy, even necessary, they are. Not only helps cuttin down a tree, but can help prevent a pinch, in lots of other situations.

One thing I may try is to make some hinges for the box lids. Looks like some heavy duty zip ties, thru the existing slots, will make good hinges. Probably several other possibilities.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SB1 - Stackers .jpg
Views:	38
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	554961   Click image for larger version

Name:	SB2 - 2 Brands .jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	554962   Click image for larger version

Name:	SB3 - Perfect Fit .jpg
Views:	36