View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...I'm going to call ACME and see if they possibly can sell a refurbished 14" as a Tool Only deal..."

How about this. You buy the refurb CS1400 for $179, from Acme. Then, since you don't want the batt & charger, you sell me the batt & charger for $50. That way you get the saw for $129 plus whatever the tax is on $179, & I get a batt & charger, cheap.

Then, later on, after I save up a little, I can buy a CS1800, bare. That'll give me a working 18" EGO for about $50 less than a new CS1804 package. And, with the 2.5Ah batt, it'll be lighter than with the heavier batt. That batt will have more than enuff to power thru any job I'll be using the 1800 for.

After yesterday's shopping spree, I'll have to wait for Christmas cash, before I can buy anything else.

Hey, even better for you, you can do like the other guys are doing & sell the batt & charger for the retail price most are going for.

I'd thought about trying to find a batt & charger, cheap enuff so that I could save some as opposed to buying the CS1804 package. BUT, most decent batt/charger options will cost MORE than buying the new package.

You'd think there would be plenty of the older 2.5's which didn't have the fuel gauge, that would be for sale, cheap. But, that ain't the case. This EGO stuff is really in high demand nowadays. So, I probably just need to forget about it 'til I come into a few extra bucks.

Maybe the incoming pres will send out some more plague relief money. IF they win the 2 senate seats in GA, they'll probably send out LOTS of money, quick.

I've got some Pontiac stuff I'd love to sell. But, there is no market for Pontiac stuff in my area & the shipping is too high for long distance sales. And besides that, Pontiac guys with money to spend insist on dirt cheap prices, or they just don't buy. I suppose that's why so many Pontiac guys have garages & storage buildings full of Pontiac stuff they'll probably never use or sell. But hey, they bought it cheap ! That's all that counts, right ?

Anyhow, as of right now(and things can change), I plan to have a working 18" EGO, before Spring.

Last edited by ponyakr; 11-29-2020 at 09:32 PM.